Live Your Dream! Train To Be A Pro Wrestler!
Whether you are just starting out or already have matches under your belt, AML Pro Wrestling Center in Winston-Salem, NC with Head “Coach” Josh Gerry can help you take the next step in your pro wrestling career.
AML Pro Wrestling Training Center offers Beginner & Advanced Class designed to teach you what you need to know to get you ready for a career in the ring. Each student is personally evaluated by the instructors to determine if you have what it takes to become a pro wrestler.
NOTE: These programs requires a high level of calisthenic and aerobic/anaerobic exercises. Students are required to disclose any medical condition or medical history that may be in conflict with our routines. In rare cases, a doctor’s clearance may be required.
- Enrollment is current and ongoing.
- Students must be 18 years of age. 15-17 of age accepted as students with parent/guardian permission.
- An initial down payment of $250 is required.
- Each new student will undergo an initial assessment to determine their level of overall conditioning, agility, and in-ring knowledge.
- Students who pass the initial assessment will be assigned to the Beginner or Advanced Program.
- Some students may be assigned to a conditioning program prior to starting in-ring instruction.
Our Beginner classes take place every Thursday night from 6pm-8pm. Beginners tuition is a $250 non-refundable deposit, due at sign up. Then, it’s $20 per week. The total is $1,290 due by the course’s completion. Should you decide to pay the total upfront, the $250 deposit will be waived, meaning you pay just $1,040. That total upfront payment will be non-refundable. We require that all 104 hours of training are finished before you receive your official Certificate of Completion. Beginner training consists of overall conditioning and basic in-ring movements (running the ropes, bumps, ring awareness, footwork, basic holds, basic sequences and basic ring psychology). You’re welcome to email us at [email protected] and set up a date to come by to check out a class in person. No physical activity will be allowed but you can watch to get a feel for what we do.
Our Advanced classes take place every Thursday night from 6pm-8pm. Advanced tuition is a $250 non-refundable deposit, due at sign-up. NOTE: The deposit is waived for all graduates of our Beginner Training program. Then it’s only $20 per week, meaning you pay just $1,290 by course completion. Should you decide to pay the total upfront, the $250 deposit will be waived, meaning you just pay $1,040. We require that all 104 hours of training are finished before you receive you become a graduate of the AML Pro Wrestling Training Center. Advanced training consists of advanced holds and moves, complex sequences, advanced ring psychology, match development, and match psychology.
This is the experience of a lifetime for a pro wrestling fan! If you’ve ever dreamed of bouncing off the ropes and seeing what pro wrestling is all about, sign up for AML Pro Wrestling Training Center Fantasy Camp! AML Pro Wrestling Training Center Fantasy Camp gives the weekend warrior and wrestling fan the experience of stepping into the ring. If you’ve ever dreamed of finding out what it feels like to step through the curtain and into the squared circle, this is for you! You don’t have to be in shape, or even want to become a pro wrestler. This isn’t a tryout for AML Wrestling; this is about having fun! However, if you’ve thought about training to become a wrestler and just aren’t sure, this is also the perfect chance to see if it’s something you want to pursue. Each session is only $150 and includes an in-ring class photo, t-shirt, and more. Contact us to be alerted about upcoming Fantasy Camp dates.
- Fantasy Camp begins at ages 16 and up.
- If minor attends, a parent must be present at the start of the camp to sign the waiver.
- Camp Info
- Character Development
- Warm Up
- Ring Time
- Question and Answer session with Trainer(s)
Interested in taking part in a FUTURE Fantasy Camp session? Fill out the form here, and you’ll be the first to find out about upcoming sessions!
AML Pro Wrestling Training Center 4421 Cherry St. Suite 50, Winston-Salem, NC 27105
Tuesday & Thursday from 6-9pm
How long does it take to complete training?
- Great question but there is no simple answer. Everyone learns at their own pace. While there is no simple answer to how long it takes to complete training, our goal is to make sure you have a firm understanding of the basics with about six months of continuous training. You should expect to train for at least one to two years. You may or may not be ready to perform at live events within that time frame.
What form of payment do you accept for training?
- We accept cash as well as all major credit cards. We also have low monthly payment plans available that make it easy to set it and forget it.
How do I advance through each program?
- Each program consists of a set curriculum. Once a student completes the curriculum, they will be given the opportunity to move on to more advanced training.
- Students will be invited to put their knowledge to the test and be evaluated by their trainers in order to move on to more advanced training.
- Every student progresses at their own pace, but our goal is to give you a firm understanding of the basics in about six months of continuous training and show you how to build on that strong foundation over the next 6 months.
Do I have to be in shape to start wrestling school?
- No. Everyone has to start somewhere. One of our goals is to help you get on track to a healthier lifestyle. However, being in shape will help you advance more quickly through the basics of pro wrestling training.
Is pro wrestling training safe?
- At AML Pro Wrestling Training Center, our primary goal is to maintain a safe environment for our students. Pro wrestling has inherent risks and students are required to sign a waiver. We stress both respect and safety which are two very necessary elements to being successful in pro wrestling. New students are taken through an intensive fundamentals course to learn and perform the primary movements safely and effectively.
Do I get to perform at AML Wrestling events?
- Part of our student curriculim is not only being a core part of the AML Wrestling Production Team but graduating students will be given an opportunity to perform at Future Stars of AML Wrestling events*. This is not only excellent exposure but also great experience for our students. *at the discretion of AML Wrestling staff. Students are required to attend AML Wrestling live events to serve as ring crew, security, and event staff in order to learn about all aspects of the live event business. AML Wrestling staff can also assist students with making connections to perform at other independent promotions in the area.
If I train here, will I be famous?
- There are no guarantees in any type of sports or entertainment professions. Even top draft picks don’t always end up in the major leagues. The one thing AML Pro Wrestling Training Center can guarantee is a strong foundation in the wrestling business with an emphasis on teaching both TV and house show-style wrestling, as well what it takes to succeed in the locker room. You will learn proper locker room etiquette, along with with respect for those in and out of the ring. You never know who is watching, or who you might be talking to, or how that may affect your career or the company you work for.
What happens when I graduate?
- While there are no guarantees, the most promising students will be given every opportunity to get in front of “the right people” in order to further their careers. Graduates of AML Pro Wrestling Training Center also receive first consideration to perform at AML Wreslting LIVE events. Students who successfully complete the AML Pro Wrestling Training Center training program will always have a place to train and continue to hone their craft. Veteran students continue to conduct training for the newest beginners, while continuing to improve their own in-ring work. Students who complete the prescribed training program pay a nominal gym fee for unlimited use of the facility. Some are selected to serve as trainers to supplement their income.